Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday, June 27

It’s our 24th anniversary, and we’re going home! Yay!

The morning was absolutely beautiful, as the sun was shining and there were no clouds in the sky so we ate breakfast and went outside to sit in the sunshine – and get warm.

First thing I did, however, was contact Elaine about getting our tickets reissued for June 29. Around 10:45 am, she said she was on hold to speak to someone about changing the tickets. I also tried contacting someone through my American Airlines mobile app – I was on hold too.

Wouldn’t you know it - but around noon, Elaine and I both finally made contact with someone. Elaine got hold of an international reservation rep – the best she said she has ever dealt with – and I got someone by the name of Upasana. By 12:15 pm, Elaine was making changes so I let my contact go.

We got a return flight – but – when we reviewed the reissued tickets during lunch, the last leg was Chicago to Madison. Geez. Elaine contacted them again and FINALLY, we got tickets to leave Wednesday, and we'll land in La Crosse.

We finished lunch, sat outside a bit more (it was getting cloudy) then a little nap before we went to the bar to watch a WNBA game on my laptop.

I have to say that if we’re stuck in Quito, we chose the right place. It is so pleasant here although a tad chilly. We basically have to “go to bed” to stay warm but I guess that’s a minor inconvenience. We’re a little bored but there’s a jacuzzi that we intend to use tomorrow – our first stress-free day since June 8. 

We’re so relieved, even though we meet the shuttle at 4 am Wednesday, and we’ve got the airport crap to deal with – and, hopefully, there are no thunderstorms in Miami and everything goes smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, June 28

Not much to report today. As I said yesterday, it’s our first really stress-free day since the day before we left. We slept “in,” getting ...